Sunday, March 02, 2008

Andrew Camp's birthdate is here for inspection

Bound Brook freshman 189-pounder ANDREW CAMPOLATTANO was born Jan. 9, 1992. He will turn 19 his senior year -- he will be eligible all four years. I've been asked that question 13 times this season. So everybody knows. I've suggested to Andrew that he wear a t-shirt with his birthdate written across it at Atlantic City this weekend....

Bound Brook assistant coach Marty Gleason has Andrew's birth certificate for inspection..

As for Campolattano's match with Sayreville's Mike Knight in the Region 5 final. Campolottano, 39-0, was taken down and trailed 2-1 after one period, but pinned Knight at 3:19.

""I came out sloppy at the beginning of the match and got taken down, I got my escape -- but then as soon as he started to lay there I knew I was going to turn him,'' Campolattano said. "I got a leg in and stuck a half in deep real quick. He bridged up and I stepped over and pinned him. That's what I needed.''

No comments: