Wednesday, June 13, 2007

All area headache

Take a bow all you baseball players in the Courier News coverage area. You've made it a turbulent life for me the last few days. Picking our all area baseball team is as always a difficult chore and it seems to get tougher with each passing year.

The Skyland Conference alone is deep enough to fill our all area first team, which runs Sunday, June 24th. We also pick a second and third team and a honorable mention.

I have always had this feeling that some kids feel let down if they don't make first team -- feel as if their season was somewhat less than a success. But, believe me, as I peruse the names of the schools we cover -- unfortunately we have just so many spots.

Don't feel bad if you didn't make first team. We have one talented area for baseball talent. I wish everybody could make first team.

I'm going to continue posting baseball stuff on this site -- probably until the last week of June when we have a couple of all star football games to cover.

No comments: