Tuesday, May 01, 2007

electrial storm and a blog addition

A few notes from a very, very busy Tuesday afternoon.

I can't get out of the office very often and I'm regretting not being able to get out to the North Hunterdon-Hunterdon Central game in Clinton. It was a classic. The game ended with Central junior center fielder Sean Deegan making a diving catch to rob Drew Geissinger of a two-run homer. Central won it 4-3. Consider this: North Hunterdon's senior right hander Mike Londino pitched a complete-game two-hitter and lost. He gave up a three-run homer to Danny Fitzsimmons in the third inning after giving up a RBI double to Deegan. Deegan is having quite a season. North Hunterdon outhit Central 8-2.

Governor Livingston scored an important 2-1 win over Cranford in Berkeley Heights on Brooks Miller's RBI single in the bottom of the seventh. Governor Livingston lost to Cranford 15-5 earlier in the season. Now there are three teams atop the Mountain Valley Mountain Division race -- Governor Livingston, Roselle Park and Cranford.

Immaculata head coach Tom Gambino got his 400th win when the Spartans beat Franklin 13-0. How many of those wins would Gambino trade to have a victory over Seton Hall Prep this year? Quite a few I'd suspect.

After losing to Warren Hills 23-2 Monday, South Hunterdon earned its first win of the season Tuesday by beating Bound Brook. Franklin and Belvidere are two other schools that got their first wins this spring against the Crusaders.

Hillsborough has won seven straight after beating Montgomery Tuesday.

South Plainfield senior center fielder Chris Stallone is closing in on the all-time Tigers' hit record. He's three behind the top mark set by Dan Massaro of 84 between 1990 and 1992.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Day im new on here, I came upon this message board I have found It incredibly accessible and it's helped me alot. I should be able to give something back & assist others like it has helped me.

Thank You, See You Around

Anonymous said...

Hey im fresh to this. I hit upon this site I find It absolutely useful and its helped me out tons. I hope to contribute & help others like its helped me.

Thanks, See Ya Around