Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Venting and noting on a rainy day

Has anyone out there been disappointed with the football programs they are handed as they walk between the gates at the field this season? It seems to me that they are often times highly priced, have a load of information that is really useless and are really just a tool to raise money. I don't mind pitching in, but at least put the numbers (in numerical order -- not by alphabetical order) of the players for both teams in the program. Last Friday night, I was handed what I believed was roster sheets for Ridge and North Hunterdon. What I got were the lists of the homecoming candidates for North Hunterdon. North Hunterdon won the football game; I'm not sure who won the homecoming queen and king. I heard over the weekend that South Plainfield High School's wrestling team will be competing in a tournament in Minnesota during Christmas week. The Tigers also have scheduled a dual meet with Southern Regional. What school will be the next to install FieldTurf? North Plainfield and Scotch Plains-Fanwood are in the process of raising money to get it done and we also hear that New Providence is about to do the same. Of course, Somerville High School's Brooks Field is also scheduled to go from natural grass to a synthetic surface sometime in this century.

No comments: