Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Riddick will play -- A LOT -- if needed

Sometimes, you just have to ask the athlete.

That's what I did Tuesday night.

Immaculata junior Theo Riddick is arguably the most talked about back in the state on these forums -- and there's more than one site.

Theo said he could play the entire 48 minutes of this Thursday night's game with Noth Hunterdon at Brooks Field. Immaculata probably -- probably -- won't need him to do that, but here's what Theo said Tuesday night:

"My ankle had been bothering me and I just tweaked one (against Ridge)," he said. "I tried to stiff arm and then I went on top of my opponent and wiped out. I only played about five minutes in the first half."

Riddick said he sprained the same ankle -- the right one -- which kept him out of the season-opener with Somerville.

By the way, Riddick picked up 108 yards on six carries in his brief time against Ridge, a game Immaculata won 28-13.

No comments: